Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Brother









I thought today since it is cold and freezing rain I would show you a picture of my brother. He is currently a United States Marine. This past summer he went to boot camp. I can say I have never been more proud of him. He graduated from boot camp in August and now is finishing his training this month January 12. There is 8 years between the 2 of us so he is definitley my "little" brother. I will never forget the day I got married. He was 10 years old . In the middle of the ceremony I hear this crying coming from the area if the groomsmen (that is so not spelled right). It is little Travey. He was so cute but it also broke my heart. Now to this day he denies it, but it is on video. Anyway all through high school he talked of becoming a Marine. But you know how things go when you are dating someone and instead he went to college to play football and be closer to her. They eventually parted ways and he decided that his desire to be a Marine still strongly exsisted. In February he will leave and be stationed in Japan for 2 years. For our family this will seem like an eternity. We are very close and him being gone to boot camp for 13 weeks was crazy. The only contact we were able to have is through good old snail mail. But we got through it and in August were able to go to Parris Island and watch graduation. In family I am the oldest of 4, 3 girls and Travis. All of us were able to travel down including my parents and husband and kids. It was a very interesting trip but after 13 weeks we were so excited to see him. He had lost 30 and he only weigh 160 when he left. Well we are on to our next adventure with stories of Japan. I bet we keep the email and web camera very busy. My youngest sister is due with her 3 child after he leaves so this is kinda of sad but with the technology of today he will still be able to see the baby . Anyway just thought I would show you a picture of one of THE FEW, THE PROUD ,OUR UNITED STATES MARINE. This is Travis with my parents. Now keep in mind his graduation was during tropical storm Faye. The winds were crazy but the rain held off so we could enjoy family day and graduation.
Well keep him in your prayer and thanks for stopping by.
( Sorry for the crazy picture layout I am still trying to figure all of this out)
Brionne

No comments:

Post a Comment