Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Work In Progress










Well the kids were home from school today due to ice so I haven't had much time to post. I did however finally figure out this picture thing I think. Please bare with me if it doesn't work yet. We have lived here 2 yrs. It is our work in progress because it is definitely a fixer upper. We bought it for the location. It is just 5 minutes out of town and the creek is about 20 feet from the front door. We have about 6 acres and a huge hill perfect for sledding when there is snow in the winter. This is the front of the house. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. It looks very small from the outside but we seem to have plenty of space. We did buy a pool this past summer and plan to put a deck around it in the next year or so. I love to decorate with prims. I am always on the look out for a good deal or something cheap I can repurpose or fix up. I like to make a lot of my own things and have been very inspired by many of you in blogland. Here is a few pictures of the inside please keep in mind I am not a professional when it comes to pictures.



I made these valances and my husband made the shutters out of cabinet doors. I just recovered this wing chair I bought from a thrift store and the throw and small pillow that says Prayer I also did. The picture in the back on the wall I also stitched myself. As I said before I love to make things myself. With 3 kids money has to go a long way and decor is not always affordable. Here are a few more pics for tonight and then maybe tomorrow I can show you some of my creations up close. Hope everyone has a great evening Brionne

2 comments:

  1. Your house is such a cute design :) I like it and it looks like it's on a beautiful piece of land.

    We've been fixing up this place for years now and I have to say, that I like fixing up things! LOL I don't think I would want to build a brand new home and have everything done to specifications because then I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I would just go crazy.

    I also love to find bargains and fix up old pieces. It's a great way to get what you want without it costing a fortune!

    Have a great day :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house, so cute!

    We have lived here 2 years so far and have begun making it our home, I agree that with 3 kids it takes time, I have 3 also!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete